UPSC CDS I 2020 Notification released, apply for 418 posts
UPSC CDS 1 2020 Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has release the official notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) I, 2020 examat its official website upsc.gov.in. Candidates will be able to apply at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in.The last date to submit the application form is November 19. A total of 418 vacancies have been advertised including those for SSC women candidates.
Candidates selected through the recruitment process will be trained to serve the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air force Academy (AFA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), and Officer’s Training Academy (OTA) – as suitable for their profile.
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 100
Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—45
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) 32
Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)- 225
Officers Training Academy, Chennai- 16
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy – Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age: For IMA and INA — unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1997 and not later than January 1, 2002 only are eligible.
For AFA, the age limit is 20-24 years and is relaxable up to 26 years. For OTA, men born not earlier than July 2, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible. For OTA, SSC women category the age limit is between January 2, 1996 and not later than January 1, 2002.
The selection process will be done on the basis of:
- Written Examination – Candidates who successfully fill the application will be called for written exam.
- Intelligence and Personality Test – Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination will called for the intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board.
How to apply
Step 1: Visit the official
website — upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the UPSC CDS 2019 link
Step 3: In part I of the registration submit your basic information.
Step 4: In part II, fill the payment details and choice of exam centre, upload your photo and sign
Step 5: Save it and take a print out for further reference
UPSC CDS 1 2020 Notification: Fee
Candidates will have to pay Rs 200 and those belonging to the reserved category and women are exempted from paying any fee.