Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) : Registration Begins On January 7
The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2020 will be held on February 29 and March 1. The application process for TANCET will begin on January 7. Candidates can apply for the exam till January 31. TANCET is conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for candidates who seek admission to M.B.A., M.C.A. and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree programmes. This is one of the biggest entrance exams held in the State for admission to Government and Government Aided Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges) and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions).
Eligibility criteria for appearing in TANCET 2020 is given below:
- For MBA programme, candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university in any discipline.
- For MCA programme, candidate must be a graduate with mathematics as a subject in graduation or at 10+2 level
- For all other courses, candidates should have completed their B.Tech/B.E. from a recognized university in the relevant field
- Those candidates who have completed 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE are also eligible for TANCET 2020
- Candidate must have secured at least 50 per cent marks (open category) and 45 per cent(reserved category) in the Bachelor’s degree exam
- There is no age restriction in TANCET 2020
The selection of the students will be solely based on the marks obtained by the students in the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. The entrance test of TANCET will include certain things which are as follows:
Candidates appearing for MBA/MCA programme have to attempt 100 questions of 1 mark each in 2 hours duration. The exam also has negative marking for the wrong answers. For every wrong answer marked deduction of 1/3 mark will be done.
M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
Candidates appearing for admission in M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan have question paper divided in 3 Parts. Part-I, Part-II, and Part-III with 20, 35 and 60 questions respectively. Paper will be of total 100 marks and time duration given to answer the questions is 2 hours.
The paper will have three (3) parts in which Part 1 will have 20 questions, part 2 will have 35 questions and Part 3 will consist of 60 questions. Each correct answer will get a score of 1 mark and for each wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
The exam result will be announced on March 20 and the exam mark sheet will be released online on March 23.
The entrance test will be held at Chennai, Coimbatore, Karaikudi, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Chidambaram, Nagercoil, Vellore, Dindigul, Salem, Villupuram, Erode, Thanjavur and Virudhunagar.
Limited numbers of seats (full time only) are available for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Government Organisations and Government Aided Educational Institutions. “However, registered professional architects with a minimum of 5 years professional experience will be considered for admission to M.Arch. Degree programme at University Departments of Anna University, SAP Campus under sponsored category. All such candidates who intend to apply under sponsored category have to appear for TANCET 2020,” reads the exam notice released by Anna University.