SAIL Management Trainee Recruitment through GATE Score; Revised Notification
SAIL Recruitment: The Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has invited applications for a total of 399 management trainees (technical) posts. The recruitment will be based on the score obtained in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Interested and eligible candidates can apply at the official website, sailcareers.com.
The recruitment notification was advertised in May 2019, for 142 posts. However, they have revised the number of vacancies and reopened application process. Those who have already applied need not re-apply. The renewed application process has been open since November 25 and will close on December 15.
Application Form starting Date 25th Nov 2019
Application Form Ending Date 15th Dec 2019
- Should have attained the B.Tech degree in the relevant branch or discipline (Metallurgy/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Chemical and Mining Engineering) from a recognized university.
General and OBC (NCL) category candidates need to have secured minimum 65% aggregate marks (average of all semesters in all years);SC/ ST and PwD category candidates need minimum 55% aggregate marks
- Gate-2019 Rank Card.
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Max. 28 years as on 14.06.2019
- 05 years for SC/ST candidates
- 03 years for OBC candidates
- GATE Score
- Online Examination
- Group Discussion
- Medical Fitness as per SAIL guidelines
- General/OBC – Rs. 700/-
- SC/ST/PWD/EWS/Departmental candidates – Rs. 100/-
How to Apply
- Go to official website, sailcareers.com
- Click on ‘Job Openings’ tab
- Find MT-Recruitment from the link and click on the branch you wish to apply for.
- Candidates can apply for only one discipline. Only GATE 2019 scores will be valid for the SAIL recruitment. Candidates will have to enter their registration number as mentioned in GATE admit card 2019 that was available from January 4.
- Candidates will have to register, fill their personal, academic and other requisite details, enter their GATE 2019 registration number mentioned in the GATE 2019 admit card.
- They will be required to upload their recent photo, signature, left thumb impression and GATE 2019 admit card. Specifications are – latest passport size photograph (jpg or jpeg file only up to 50 Kb) as well as a photograph of signatures in digital format (jpg or jpeg file only up to 20 kb)
- Candidates are advised to check the preview of all data filled in before pressing the “Submit” button as they will not be able to edit any information after submission.
- Thereafter, candidates will receive a verification link on his/ her registered email ID and registered Mobile Phone through SMS. Candidates need to click on the link mentioned in Email or SMS to verify their candidature.
- After verification of the link is done, candidates are advised to refresh the page once to be redirected to the SB Collect page where they will have to click on the “Make Payment” link, then select the category, enter the correct unique SAIL registration number as given by SAIL via SMS/ Email and make the payment by using any modes mentioned therein.
- Upon successful payment, candidates will be required to click on login button using their unique SAIL Registration Number and Date of Birth and enter the SBI Collect Reference Number and Transaction date in the system. They must click on the submit button to allow reconciling with the SB Collect data within 24 hours.
- Candidates must check their status after 24 hours.
- After payment confirmation, candidates will be able to download their Provisional Registration Slip with SAIL Unique Registration number.
- Only those candidates who will receive the Provisional registration slip with payment confirmation status will be considered for the recruitment process.