Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Notification to be released soon
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government will release the government order related to amendments in Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) rules soon. According to an official, the government notification is expected by June 30 and the exam will be conducted in 2020. After protests, the Cabinet had earlier decided to provide reservation in all three streams of KAS.
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) will conduct the State Administrative Service Exam through online mode. As per a report, KPSC Chairman M.K. Sakeer has said that the IT labs in technical institutions such as polytechnic colleges, ITIs and engineering colleges will be used to conduct administrative service exams and PSC exams as well.
The minimum educational requirement for recruitment for induction into the KAS is graduation.The age limit for KAS recruitment is 50 years. Based on the initial assessment, around 130 vacancies are expected. The official Kerala PSC KAS notification will carry the scheme of examination, syllabus, dates, qualification and exact vacancy details.
KAS is a 3 tier exam-Preliminary, main and interview.
Scheme of the examination as per the latest news reports are as follows
- 2 papers having a total of 200 marks
- Each paper carry 100 marks
- Both exams will be conducted on the same day
- Aspirants qualifying prelims will be able to write main exam
- 3 papers having a total of 450 marks
- Each paper having 150 marks
- Papers- Humanities, science,Kerala affairs
- Aspirants qualifying mains will be able to attend the interview.
The interview will be out of 50 marks.