Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) – Admission Process for Class 9 Starts, Check Details
JNV Class 9 Admissions 2020: The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) has invited online application for lateral entry admission to class 9 (2020-21) against vacant seats. The online application process has started, and the candidates can apply online till December 10, 2019.
- Lateral Entry Admission Against Vacant Seats
- Last date to apply: December 10, 2019
Interested applicants can apply at the official website, nvsadmissionclassnine.in. To be eligible for the admission, candidates will have to appear for Jawahar Navodya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). The selection test will be conducted on February 8, 2020.
- Only those candidates who are studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2019-20 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidate appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2019-20 from a Govt/Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2004 and 30.04.2008 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
The selection test will be of two-hour duration and will have three sections. There will be 80 multiple-choice questions, together constituting of 100 marks.
Documents needed for admissions
- Proof for date of birth
- Proofs for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, certificate proving child had studied in an institution/school located in a rural area
- Residence certificate in prescribed format in case of NIOS study only
How to apply
- Applicants firstly have to visit the official website of NVS, nvsadmissionclassnine.in.
- On the homepage of the portal, click on the scrolling application link click here for registration – phase 1.
- Select State and District and submit. On Registration page, fill the required details such as email ID, mobile no. etc.
- After successful registration, applicants have to fill the application form. All the personal details, qualification details, and other information must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once application form is filled applicants must review it.
- By clicking on the submit button application will be submitted.
- Lastly, candidates can take a print out of the application form for future references.