Assam APSC AE, JE Recruitment 2019: Apply for 463 posts
Assam APSC AE, JE Recruitment 2019: Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has invited applications for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Civil) under Public Works Roads Department. Eligible candidates can apply for the post in the prescribed format on or before 21 December 2019.
- Last Date to Apply: 21 December 2019
- Offline Application
- Download Application form @ apsc.nic.in
The selection procedure will be notified later on by issuing a corrigendum/addendum. The commission will decide the provision for selection in respect of any post/posts or service/ services considering the status, cadre and grade or the number of applications received for the advertised post/posts or service/ services.
The list of candidates whose applications are found valid or rejected after scrutiny will be made available in the Assam Public Service Commission’s website (www.apsc.nic.in) showing grounds of rejection in due course.
Junior Engineer – 307
Assistant Engineer – 156
Total – 463
(i) The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
(ii) The candidate must produce PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as a proof of residency along with the application form.
For Assistant Engineer (Civil) under Public Works Roads Department:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an Indian or foreign University recognized by Government. Or Passed Part A and B of the Associate Membership Examination of the Institution of Engineers (India) and possessing a certificate to that effect from the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Degrees obtained through Distance mode of education will not be acceptable as the Department modifies the schedule-II appended to Rule 8 of the Assam Engineering (PWD) Service Rules, 1978 issued vide Govt. OM RBEB.33/2019/12 Dated Dispur the 4th July/2019.
- Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one) official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
For Junior Engineer (Civil) under Public Works Department:
- A Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma course in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by the Government.
- The Diploma Courses must be a Regular Course. Diploma Courses obtained through Distance Mode of Education, by whatever name called, will not be accepted.
- Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one)official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
Age: Applicant should be at least 21 years old. The upper age limit is capped at 38 years. For SC/ST candidates the upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years and for OBC and PwD candidates age is relaxed up to three and 10 years, respectively.
How to apply
Step 1: Go to the official website, apsc.nic.in
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the link ‘ADVT. NO. 06/2019 1) Assistant Engineer (Civil) under Public Works Roads Department 2) Junior Engineer (Civil) under Public Works Department. Direct recruitment (new form)’, under ‘latest recruitment advertisement’
Step 3: Download the form, fill it and send it to the official address along with documents. Candidates have to send their duly filled and signed applications along with supporting documents addressed to the ‘Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022’. The name of the post applied for should be written in ‘bold letters’ on the envelope containing the application form.
1. Original treasury Challan depositing prescribed application fee wherever necessary as per terms of advertisement containing details of posts applied for.
2. Age proof certificate (HSLC/Class X Board Admit Card/Pass Certificate).
3. Certificates & mark sheets of all examinations from HSLC onwards up to the level of qualifying examination.
4. Caste certificate (wherever necessary) of reserved categories issued by appropriate authority.
5. Disability certificate (wherever necessary)
6. Two copies of recent passport size photograph with white background.
7. Signature (scanned copy to be uploaded in online mode when available)
8. Experience certificates (wherever necessary) indicating the period of Service/Experience with dates.
9. BPL certificate/EWS certificate (wherever necessary)
The candidate will have to pay a fee of Rs 250.
For reserved category candidates – Rs 150
For OBC and PwD no fee
Fees should be deposited only through Treasury Challan in the Head of Account ‘Non-Tax Revenue, Other Non-Tax Revenue 0051 PSC, 105 State PSC application Fee Receipt of APSC’ showing the name of post and department. Original copy of the treasury challan should be submitted along with the application form, as per the official notification.